North End Connector Split
The north end Connector split heading south on I-75 is one of Atlanta’s most dangerous roads because of a number of factors, which include:
- Confusing I-75 HOV lane that passes to the left of traffic exiting to I-85 north.
- Very sharp 180 degree turn for motorists exiting onto I-85 north.
- Solid white markings on the driving lanes for motorists exiting to I-85 north. This gives the impression that you are driving on the shoulder, and makes drivers feel they should not be in the lane they are in.
- High congestion and frequent accidents due to drivers changing lanes.
- Sudden braking due to back-ups leading into downtown Atlanta.